Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mini-Vacation

I went camping last night! We're all just trying to squeeze the last bit of fun out of this summer. I drove up with my aunt, and when we got there she found out that they screwed up our reservation. So, my aunt starts crying about how "her girls need this vacation, they've gone through so much" yadda yadda, haha! Soo like my aunt. Anyway, we (we being My aunt, my mom, my sister and I) ended up getting this HUGE campsite meant for big groups, like girl scout troops or something. (The group next to us was a bunch of Mennonites -- who I mistakenly called hermaphrodites, I'll never hear the end of that!) So we laid out on the sandy, sunny, beach, played badminton, had a bonfire, stared up at the gorgeous stars, and sang Bohemian Rhapsody at the top of our lungs at 1am.

What I really love about my aunt, is that she's good to talk to about heavy stuff because she identifies with everyone in my immediate family -- She can relate to my dad, because she herself was a drug addict for 15 years. She gets my mom, because her son is depressed and used to cut himself. (and has been with a lot of crazy men). She understands what I'm going through because her dad was mean to her, too. And she feels my sister because obviously she loves her family very much, but she had to cut ties with a lot of family for the better, and that is what my sister is messed up about.

And as a side note, I forgot how charming my ex was.
Good god, more boy problems already?!






No comments:

Post a Comment