Tuesday, October 18, 2011

put the bottle down, for the love of a daughter

Why do you call me fat, daddy?
I haven't eaten all week.
Why do you beat me down, daddy?
Is it so you can feel better?
I always know when you're lying.
Daddy, you smell like booze.
I lock myself in my closet when you get home from work
I'm just a little girl hiding from her ghosts.
I'm sorry I didn't clean up your mess, daddy.
I was busy not being good enough, remember?
Why do you think I'm stupid, daddy?
What did I do wrong?
Why am I a bitch, daddy?
Nothing is the matter with me!
Put the gun away, daddy.
Put the bottle away, daddy.
I'm scared.
I got blood everywhere, daddy.
it's all because of you.
I'm angry, daddy.
Why don't you want me anymore?
I miss you, daddy.
Please come back.
I want to be your baby girl again.

No comments:

Post a Comment